Business Innovation stream
Do you wish to manage your business in Australia? Or do you want to own and manage a new or existing business in Australia? Then, the business innovation stream; a temporary visa is designed just for you.
You will be required to meet the following criteria when applying for this visa:
- You should score a minimum of 65 on the Points System.
- You should be under 55 years of age.
- You must own at least one of the following percentages of your main businesses:
- 51 per cent of a business with a turnover of less than AUD 400 000 per annum
- 30 per cent of a business with a turnover of more than AUD 400 000 per annum or
- 10 per cent of a publicly-listed company
The investor stream; a temporary visa stream will benefit people who have a successful business or investment career and also have realistic and genuine commitment to being involved in business or in investing in Australia.
To apply for this you must:
- Be less than 55 years of age.
- score a minimum of 65 on pointing system
- have at least three years’ experience of direct involvement in managing a business or eligible investments
- have a high level of management skill in relation to eligible investments or qualifying business activity
- possess a genuine and realistic commitment to continuing your business and investment activity in Australia
Other requirements include:
- Having an overall successful record of eligible investment or qualifying business activity
- You should be ready to make a government-approved designated investment or managing your eligible investment of AUD 1.5 million for at least one of the five fiscal years before you are invited to apply
- Having a total assets of at least AUD 2.25 million for the two fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply
Managing a qualifying business in which you owned at least 10 per cent of the total value of the business.
- You should have a total annual turnover of at least AUD 500 000 in at least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply
- You should have spent less than half your time on managing your business
Further, you or your partner must also:
- Have a total successful business career with no involvement in unacceptable business activities.
- Have legally acquired and be able to legally transfer to Australia assets of at least AUD 800 000 within two years of the visa being granted
Significant Investor Stream
The significant investor stream is meant for people who are willing to invest at least AUD 5 million into complying investments and maintain business and investment activity in Australia.
Applying for this stream, you must be prepared to invest at least AUD 5 million in ‘complying investments’ like state or territory government bonds or Commonwealth bonds. You must also agree that once visa is granted, any loss of capital arising from your complying investment will not be accounted for by the Commonwealth.
Premium Investor Stream
Are you willing to invest at least AUD 15 million into complying investments in Australia or do you want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia? This is where the premium investor stream comes in. applying for this stream requires that you are nominated by Austrade on behalf of the Australian government.
Of course you and your partner must not be involved in unacceptable business or investment activities, either in the past or in the present and note that from your complying investment in Australia, income that you earn is subject to tax under the Australian taxation law. You must also agree that once visa is granted, any loss of capital arising from your complying investment will not be accounted for by Commonwealth.