Partner Temporary and Permanent Visa (Offshore)

If you wish to stay with your partner after marriage then this is the right visa for you. But note that your partner must be a citizen of Australia or New Zealand or possess proof of permanent residency.

Who may apply for this visa?

  • Married partners;
  • People intending to marry and
  • De-facto partners, including those in a same-sex relationship.

Your partner is required to sponsor this visa. This visa is designed for partners who are not residents of Australia and are overseas.

Usually, you will be allowed to stay in Australia for two years if this visa is granted and after the two years if you still have an intact relationship your visa will transfer to for a permanent partner visa