Skilled Nominated/Regional Visa Subclass 489
For skilled or nominated sponsored visa the applicants must be either nominated by a participating state or territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible Australian relative living in a “Designated Area”. It is valid for four years and when someone holds this visa he or she must abide by the conditions that they would be working, living or studying in a “Designated Area” or in “Regional Australia”.
You are required to submit and Expression of Interest (EOI) to Department of Immigration and Border Protection) to be able to lodge a valid application for Skilled Nominated or Sponsored Visa. Then applicants who are sponsored by an eligible relative living in Australia or nominated by a participating state or territory government may receive an invitation to apply for this visa.
After you have lived for two years you will have the opportunity to apply for permanent residency and there is also another condition; you must have worked at least twelve months in a Specified Regional Area of Australia.
These are the conditions in order to apply for this visa subclass, where you must:
- Have good English language skills;
- Be under 45 years of age;
- Be either sponsored by an eligible Australian relative living in a “Designated Area” or nominated by a participating state or territory government agency.
- Have the skills and qualifications that meet the Australian standard for an occupation on the STSOL;
There are some advantages of this visa and are listed as follows:
- It provides a pathway to Australian permanent residence;
- You may live and work in Australia for four years;
- Your family may accompany you and they may work and study, but only in specified regional area of Australia.